Division of Code Administration & Building Regulation
We are committed to achieving an unparalleled high quality of service to the citizens of this community and its service providers, by providing prompt friendly service and fostering a can do spirit.
The Zoning, Code Enforcement, & Building Inspection Office is responsible for:
• Administering and enforcing the Town's land use, shoreland zoning, and flood plain management ordinances.
• Administering and enforcing Federal, State, and Local regulations governing construction projects.
• Ensuring compliance with these rules and regulations by reveiwing plans prior to
construction and conducting ongoing inspections.
• Issuing all permits associated with construction projects, i.e. building, plumbing, heating, and electrical.
• Providing research, technical and staff support to the Board of Zoning Appeals